Happy Friday, friends! This is the third installment of our Charity Wedding Favors series, and I have been SO excited to share this favor with you! Today’s favor will keep your guests’ tootsies warm AND benefit your community. After all, what better way to celebrate your love than by spreading it around?
I, for one, am NOT a fan of monogrammed or personalized wedding favors. Personally, I would rather spend money on something my wedding guests would actually use. Like socks. Everyone wears socks.
These adorable sock balls are perfect for the practical, fashionista bride and are to be accompanied by a donation to your local Dress for Success outlet. If you’ve never heard of Dress for Success, it is a WONDERFUL charity that gives business suits to disadvantaged women to help them during job interviews. There is most likely a center in your area.
Never fear, budget brides! Not only are these favors super cute, they were also REALLY inexpensive. Read on for the how-to and a price breakdown!
Fashionista Charity Favor
What you need:
- Socks (both men’s and women’s — have a guest list before you start shopping)
- Shoelaces (in matching colors)
- White heavy cardstock
- Sewing pins (optional)
1. Download your free, “Dress for Success” charity tag printable. Customize and cut out each tag and set aside. Would you rather donate to a different charity? No problem! Visit our printing FAQ page to learn how to add the charity of your choice to the printable in Adobe Reader (it’s easy!).
2. Get a pair of socks. Turn one of the socks inside out (photo 1). Stuff the inside-out sock into the other sock.
3. Start at the ankle and roll both socks together outward (photo 2). Roll for a few inches and then pull the remainder of the sock (that isn’t rolled) to keep your ball tight and uniform. Roll and pull until you get to the end of your sock (photo 3). A small piece will be leftover, but don’t worry! That will be the bottom of your favor.
4. Tie a bow around your sock ball with a shoelace (photo 4). Just wrap the sock how you would wrap a present. I had to wrap my shoelace around an extra time so the tails weren’t too long.
5. Slide the corner of the printable under the bow’s knot. Secure with a sewing pin (optional). I would definitely recommend this extra step if you are transporting and placing these favors out yourself.
One of the BEST parts about this favor is the cost. Or should I say, lack of cost. I bought all of my socks at the dollar store. YUP. The dollar store. And you know what? They weren’t made of gross or cheap material either (I was just as shocked as you)! Here’s the scoop:
- Pair of Socks: $1
- Shoelace: $2 for 2 pairs (4 laces total)
- White cardstock: .25 cents per sheet (12 tags on a sheet)
Grand total per favor: $1.52! (And your guests won’t just throw them away when they get home!)
I hope you love these charity wedding favors as much as I do! For me, the best part is that this favor can work for ALL of your guests … men, women AND kids!
Well ladies … what’s the verdict? Leave us a comment and let us know what you think! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Contrary to popular belief there IS a correct way to give a charity favor. Make sure to check out our guidelines to keep your charity wedding favors in check (scroll to the end of the post). Most importantly, remember to have a little fun with your favors. After all, giving should make the giver feel good, too. For those of you who are giving charity favors, or have in the past: Thank YOU for your generous effort to make our world a better place. The world could use more brides like you.