As I’ve written in previous posts, I’m a huge fan of edible favors. They rarely go to waste and provide the sustenance your guests need to dance their socks off all night long or to wait patiently between the ceremony and the reception.
This favor features the classic combination of cheese and crackers — a crowd favorite and easy to make. Adding nuts and dried fruit provide variety for those non-cheese and cracker lovers (but really, how many people don’t love cheese and crackers?). You can easily make this favor match with your wedding theme by decorating the box with your colors or tying the box with a cute customized printable tag. Plus, this favor can be relatively inexpensive if you can buy all your food ingredients in bulk. Enjoy!
What you need:
- Small paper mache boxes
- Wax paper
- Decorative wrapping paper
- Cheese (Babybel and Laughing Cow cheeses can keep out of the fridge for a nice length of time)
- Dried apricots/cherries
What to do:
- Wrap the lid and the box with the decorative wrapping paper.
- Layer the bottom of the box with wax paper.
- Make box partitions: Cut the cardboard into strips to fit the box’s width and depth according to how you want to section off your box. Wrap each cardboard strip with wax paper.
- Fill with food and place a box at each guest’s place setting or stack the boxes at the reception entrance.
Food variations: Other types of dried fruits and nuts would work just as well in this food box.
Box variations: If the thought of wrapping a bunch of favor boxes is overwhelming, keep the paper mache boxes simple and use fancy ribbon or craft paint to decorate the boxes. Also, instead of making box partitions, you can wrap your food items in wax paper or plastic.