I photographed a wedding last summer where the bride and groom gave out homemade vanilla extract as favors and I thought it was the most adorable thing. So I’m stealing a page from their playbook and offering you this DIY tutorial today for your own vanilla extract favors. This is an extremely easy project that can be easy on the wallet too — follow the steps to make your own.
- Vodka or Bourbon (or both)
- Glass bottles with stoppers
- Vanilla Beans (Budget tip: Find these at a fraction of the price by buying them in bulk at a natural food store.)
1. Clean your bottles and let dry. Put one vanilla bean in each bottle.
2. Using your funnel, fill the bottles with alcohol — vodka makes a more classic vanilla extract and bourbon makes, well, a bourbon vanilla extract.
3. Seal them up and store in a safe place without too much light or heat for at least one month.
4. When you’re ready, add labels and hand them out to guests! (Hint: Stop by the blog tomorrow to get these cute little labels for yourself!)