Today’s post is especially fun for me because I get to talk about booze. Not classy adult “Would you prefer an aperitif?” booze, I mean BOOZE booze. Like “Sneak it into the club between your cleavage because you don’t want to pay full price” booze.
I got this idea while trying to figure out the perfect bachelorette party gift. ‘Cause lets be honest, you’re NEVER going to wear that “one last ride for the bride” T-shirt again. This fun Pick Your Poison gift box filled with mini liquor bottles is the perfect gift for any bachelorette and her posse.
While these boxes aren’t the cheapest to make (about $12 a box), we’re betting your girls will save a LOT of money by dipping into their gift instead of spending inflated drink prices at the bar. And even better, if you are treating the girls for the whole night, it will save YOU some extra money to spend on the
What You Need:
- Decorative excelsior, found in the floral isle
(shredded paper or any other packing material would work, too)
- 7″ cardboard decoupage box
- Black ribbon
- Assorted mini-liquor bottles (a 7″ box holds 5)
- Full-sheet label paper
1. Fill your box halfway full with excelsior. I recommend doing this outside because it gets EVERYWHERE.
2. Arrange your liquor bottles to fit. I tried to fill each box with a diverse selection of liquor.
3. Download our “Pick Your Poison” label here. Print label on full-sheel label paper, cut out, and stick to your box, folding the edges under the lid.
4. Finish with a beautiful black bow!
- I used natural excelsior in this box, but it comes in many different colors! Switch it up with a bright bold shade and coordinating ribbon to match your wedding colors.
- Stretch your dollars a little further and use a smaller decoupage box. My local craft store had them available in 7″, 5″ and 3″. I recommend bringing the box with you to the liquor store so you can see how many bottles it will hold to avoid overspending on liquor. Our printables can be easily cut down to fit a smaller box size.
- Color coordinate your booze! Wouldn’t it be fun to see an ombre liquor effect when you opened the box? The downside to this variation is that you would most likely end up with just puckers or liqueurs. Throw in some clear bottles to mix it up.
Hope you love this little gift as much as we do! We would love to see your finished Pick Your Poison gift boxes! Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured on our blog!