Hello lovelies! I’m celebrating this beautiful Friday in my brand new (circa 1979) house! My hubby and I closed on our house on Tuesday and we are THRILLED. Thank you so much for your wonderful, loyal readership! I’ll be a little light on blogging for the next week or so while we move, but I promise I have a whole crap load of awesome DIYs and charity favors comin’ at ya in July!
First things first — it’s time to announce that MarryThis! is now a one woman show. Frowney face. When Sara, Amy and I started MarryThis in 2010 (back then we didn’t have a blog — we were just selling our wedding guides, which are now free) we had dreams of the three of us quitting our day jobs and working from a beautiful sunny loft on anything wedding related.
But as time progressed, life happened, and now Sara and Amy are both making wonderful and exciting life changes that unfortunately don’t have much to do with weddings. I’m the schmuck still left All this to say, the blog will still be exactly the same and equally as awesome — you might just experience a bit more sarcasm and a few more Gwar references.
I miss you so much girls! A vegas trip is definitely in order.
Now onto wedding business:
If you’ve seen our DIYs or charity favor series, you know that we are constantly asking to see photos of your finished projects! We received this beauty in our email box and we are so excited to share!
Thanks so much to our new buddy, Megan Miller! In effort to find a non-cheesy wedding favor, Megan decided to make our “Doggy Bag” edible charity favors to give out at her wedding (she’s a veterinarian!), and they turned out fabulous! Megan, I feel honored that you chose our favor to be a part of your big day. Congratulations, newlywed!
And as always, we want to showcase YOUR lovely MarryThis inspired photos too!
Send your images to email@example.com
A few awesome wedding links for your weekend:
- Awesome tying the knot wedding invitation, that literally ties a knot!
- Corset lace-up bachelorette party invitations.
- An awesome way to save all those wedding cards! DIY card mini-album.
- A twist on the classic cucumber sandwich, these cute cucumber bites would be perfect for a
tea party bridal shower!
- Every bride should have a best friend photo like this!
This week on MarryThis!:
- Less than $200: Turquoise bridesmaids
- Roundup: Your DIY red, white & blue wedding
- Go go gadget interweb! Our top 3 sites to help you plan your dream wedding